Strengthen your practical skills with the help of a Ph.D. in Simulation and Optimization. The program is organized by the University of Skövde.
The educational award aims to support students who wish to start their doctoral program at the university for the academic year 2021/2022 in Sweden.
Founded in 1983, the University of Skövde is a state university located in Skövde, Sweden. It offers excellent general and specialized university programs in educational fields such as business, health and education, computer game design and computer science, bioscience, and engineering.
Why study at the University of Skövde? They offer world-class education and internationally competitive research, a place where we strive to achieve your greatest achievements.
Application Deadline: April 9, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Skövde
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Educational fund
- Number of Awards:
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Sweden students
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Sweden
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Simulation and Optimization
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Good ability to assimilate knowledge at the research level.
- Documented good ability in teamwork and good ability to work both independently and in groups.
- Good knowledge of optimization algorithms, operations research techniques, including mathematical modeling.
- Good knowledge and experience of programming in, e.g., C/C++/C#, MATLAB, etc.
- Good knowledge of simulation techniques used in manufacturing and production engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with augmented reality, digital twin, and Internet-of-Things.
- Documented English language proficiency equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being enlisted in the program, students have to take admission in the PhD degree at the university. You can apply for the job via our website, www.his.se/jobb, by clicking on “Apply” at the bottom of the advertisement.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates have to submit the following documents must be attached with your application:
- Cover letter including a Statement of Purpose where you explain in English your motivation, research interests, and expectations from the doctoral program
- Certificates/grades and other qualifications that you as an applicant want to invoke
- Academic degree and transcript
- Thesis work
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have the following:
- Obtained a degree at the advanced level or completed at least 240 higher education credits (ECTS). At least 60 credits are at the advanced level or acquired essentially equivalent knowledge within or outside Sweden.
- Completed course requirements of at least 60 higher education credits (ECTS), including independent thesis work comprising at least 15 higher education credits at the advanced level in industrial engineering, production engineering, computer science, information technology, automation technology, or other relevant subject areas
- Language Requirement: Before taking admission, claimants have to check the English language requirements of the university.
The University of Skövde will provide educational funds for students in Sweden.