Singapore University of Technology and Design welcomes applicants for Kewalram Chanrai Group SUTD scholarships. The scholarship is open for the academic year 2021-2022.
Thanks to the hospitality of the Kewalram Chanrai group, this scholarship is available to full-time applicants for their undergraduate studies at SUTD. The aim is to promote meritocratic entry in to learning and provide opportunities for female academics, especially those with financial obligations.
Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), founded in 2009, is the fourth independent multiversity based in Singapore. Their collaboration with MIT involves the construction of the undergraduate curriculum, co-teaching of subjects by MIT professors, student exchanges, and many more.
Why Choose Singapore University of Technology and Design? The university focuses on design through an integrated multidisciplinary program coupled with experimentation. It is organized in collaboration with MIT to strengthen the knowledge and livelihoods of technically trained leaders and innovators to meet the needs of society.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
- University or Organization: Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Awards: Annual tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The bursary is available for the undergraduate degree at the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Must be a full-time registered student
- Must have superior academic achievement
- Must be considered as the overseas fee-payer
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must possess leadership potential, creative thinking, passion, entrepreneurial outlook, pioneering spirit, integrity, and moral character
- Must be active in 5th Row (co-curricular activities) and community involvement
- Must have a keen interest in the businesses of Kewalram Chanrai Group
- Only female candidates can apply for this grant.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the award, aspirants need to take admissions at the university, and then they will apply for this grant.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following listed documents:
- personal details
- academic results – high school final exam as well as secondary school Year 4 results;
- listing of key co-curricular activities, awards, or achievements
- testimonial or referees’ contact details
- Responses to a few short response questions.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must need to fulfill the required conditions for their chosen degree at the university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of English language ability as per the university guidelines.
The Kewalram Chanrai Group SUTD program is providing the following benefits for the female international aspirants at the Singapore University of Technology and Design in Singapore:
- The support will be used towards the annual subsidized tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) and is tenable for the expected duration (up to four years) of the respective courses at SUTD, subject to satisfactory academic standing and other terms.
- Successful recipients may be granted internship and career opportunities with the Donor and its designated companies.
- No bond is required under the terms of this Scholarship. The recipient must take up the Tuition Grant Scheme (TGS) from the Singapore Government to enjoy subsidized fees.