In order for students to pursue a doctoral program in Spain, the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias is currently offering doctoral scholarships to outstanding applicants.
Six scholarships are available for non-EU students who wish to pursue a PhD program at IAC for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) is a research institute in astrophysics located in the Canary Islands. The IAC is made up of a central headquarters in San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Tenerife, an Astrophysics Center (CALP) in La Palma, and its two observatories
Why study at the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC)? The mission of the IAC is to conduct and promote all types of research related to astrophysics and to disseminate this knowledge.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
- University: Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Six
- Nationality: Non-UE citizens
- The award can be taken in Spain
- Eligible Countries: If you are a citizen of a country not belonging to the European Union, you can apply for this position
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be considered, applicants must have a degree in Physics or Mathematics or specialty one and Physics or Engineering for specialty 2.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, use the online application system, https://iac.sede.gob.es/procedimientos/portada/ida/0/idp/424/language/en to achieve the PhD positions.
- Supporting Documents: Must provide all the following documents:
- Application Form (Annex IV) completed and signed specifying which field the candidate is applying for (1 or 2).
- Photocopy of your passport
- Photocopy of the University Degree
- Academic Certificate containing:
- Official Stamp.
- Date when studies were complete
- List of subjects studied during the whole Degree program
Marks and dates obtained
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have The score of the degree must be 7,0 (on a scale of 1 to 10) or higher for bachelor’s degrees and 7,5 for Master’s Degree.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Only the selected person will be able to enjoy and which comprises the following concepts: plane ticket (processed by the IAC) and two-week stay module (processed by the IAC), not being able to exceed the amount of 2.500 Euros.