SEARCA Masters and Doctoral Scholarships are now available for high-performing students who wish to pursue their Masters or PhD program for the 2021-2022 academic year.
SEARCA provides funding to nationals of SEAMEO member countries, namely Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam. It aims to help academics pursue advanced studies leading to masters and doctorates in agriculture, forestry and related sciences.
The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Studies and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), established on November 27, 1966, is one of the oldest of SEAMEO’s 26 professional institutes. SEARCA’s mandate is to promote institutional potential in agricultural and rural improvement in Southeast Asia.
Why apply for the SEARCA graduate program? The mission behind this is to foster the performance, efficiency and harmonization of higher education in Southeast Asia through system analysis, empowerment and mechanisms to accelerate exchange and collaboration in higher education.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021
- University or Organization: SEARCA
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Master’s and PhD Degree
- Award: Full scholarship
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The bursary is available for the master’s and PhD degree programs in agriculture or related sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of the eligible countries
- Must not be more than 35 (Master’s Degree) or 40 (PhD) years of age at the time of application
- Proposed thesis research should focus on SEARCA’s overarching theme of Accelerating Transformation Through Agricultural Innovation(ATTAIN) with the following priority areas: Agri-Business Models for Increased Productivity and Income, Sustainable Farming Systems and Natural Resource Management, Food and Nutrition Security, Transformational Leadership for Agricultural and Rural Development (ARD), Gender and Youth Engagement in ARD, Enhanced ARD towards Climate Resilience, and EcoHealth/One Health Applications to ARD;
- Areas of specialization that scholarship applicants must pursue should be in agriculture or related sciences, which include but are not limited to those that fall under the following program clusters: Agricultural/Biological Sciences, Agro-industrial Technology and Engineering, Economics and Agribusiness, Environmental Sciences, Forestry and Fisheries, and Social Sciences.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Aspirants can fill the online application form to apply for the studentship (also, for further enquiry, you can check the country-specific information).
- Supporting Documents: All the applicants might be required to submit the following documents:
- An original or certified true copy of the transcript of academic records bearing the seal of the University and original signature of the Registrar or Head of the University;
- Original or certified true copies of certificates of completion/diploma for every degree completed;
- Certificate of employment;
- Endorsement from the employer;
- Updated curriculum vitae;
- Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation;
- Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good physical and mental health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies;
- IELTS result (6.0) or TOEFL iBT result (75) taken within two years before application, as proof of English proficiency.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must fulfil the required conditions for the applied degree field at the chosen University.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must provide evidence of English language ability through various certificates like GMAT, IELTS or TOEFL, etc.
The SEARCA’s Full Master’s and PhD The studentships are providing the following given benefits to the outstanding and talented scholars for their masters or PhD degree:
- Covers tuition and other school fees;
- Travel allowance (roundtrip air ticket from home country to study post and local transportation);
- Thesis/dissertation support;
- Book and supplies allowance;
- Health insurance; and
- Stipend for food, lodging and incidental expenses.