Hugo is a Future-of-Work company. We build and manage remote teams in black communities for some of the world’s largest technology and media companies. We specialize in end-to-end machine learning data annotation and omnichannel support solutions that ultimately yield more inclusive outcomes for both black communities globally and our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Operations Manager
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- We are seeking a highly-analytical Product Operations Manager in our Service Delivery division to coordinate the strategic and tactical activities of a 200-person data annotation team for a Fortune 500 client.
- You will report to and serve as a key partner to the Account Manager in helping our client achieve the best possible outcomes. Remote candidates encouraged to apply.
- Manage workflows, day-to-day communications, and project success metrics.
- Create structure for your team to deliver on complex projects against Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and shared goals.
- Set and communicate team and individual goals, strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Collaborate with Workforce Management to ensure teams are always properly staffed and trained.
- Provide motivational leadership to your team and foster a culture of collaboration and trust.
- Develop junior leads by providing constant feedback on performance and where necessary, coaching to close performance gaps.
- Critically think about your project as related to the client’s end-goal and provide insights and actionable recommendations to get to the best possible outcome.
- Coordinate across stakeholders to ensure the right resourcing, execution and communications are in place to deliver meaningful results.
- Communicate production progress, quality, and resourcing initiatives to relevant stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and implement scalable solutions.
- Identify issues and errors, and communicate appropriate course-correction plans before the client flags.
- Perform weekly analyses of error trends to address and report on major issues impacting the project, and to provide guidance to the quality control team.
- Develop process documentation and align with other project managers to ensure consistency of quality processes, critical issues, and reporting across projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a consulting, operations, or technical management role.
- Professional Services or client-facing experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent conceptual, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership experience.
- Proficient with Excel. SQL a plus.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and target focused.
- Perfectionist at heart.
- Iterating is a way of life.
- Intense, but reasonable.
What we Offer
- A competitive total compensation and benefits package.
- A business model that makes sense for Africa.
- A high-calibre, fun team committed to the continent.
- Large-scale impact.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online