The Ferrier Research Institute has partnered with Victoria University of Wellington to offer doctoral positions to students from around the world in New Zealand.
International students who wish to pursue a Ph.D. in the field of organic chemistry at Victoria University of Wellington can apply for this scholarship.
Originally called Victoria College, Victoria University of Wellington, it is a research institute that harnesses the strengths of research and the distinctive advantages and opportunities it offers to produce transformative results. It was ranked 223 in the World University Rankings, QS 2021.
Why should you study at Victoria University of Wellington? Victoria University of Wellington offers its students the opportunity to benefit from the university’s links with industries, government, and research organizations strategically located in the capital. It welcomes students from many international countries who are passionate about their subjects and enhances the student experience in Victoria by using their knowledge and skills in an interactive and engaging way.
Application Deadline: 1st July 2021
- University or Organization: Victoria University of Wellington
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $27,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Ph.D. in a new class of anti-tuberculosis drugs: Design and synthesis of MetX inhibitors
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be successful applicant has a background in organic chemistry.
- The applicants must hold a BSc (Hons), MSc, or equivalent degree in chemistry with a focus on organic chemistry.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants can apply online through the university’s official portal to enroll themselves with the university. Apply to Postgraduate Coordinator Dr. Alison Daines ferrierPGC@vuw.ac.nz.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to submit the following documents at the time of seeking admission:
- All degree certificates and transcripts (undergraduate AND postgraduate MSc—officially translated into English where necessary)
- A detailed CV
- Details of 2 academic referees
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must fulfill all entry requirements of the university to secure admission.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain average scores in either of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 90 on the internet-based test with a minimum of 20 in writing
- IELTS – 6.5 overall and no sub-score below 6
- PTE – 58 with a communicative score of not less than 50
The grant will cover the full tuition fee of the selected applicants and will also provide a stipend of $27,500 per annum for the duration of the study.