The Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China and developing countries is inviting students to apply for the MOFCOM Scholarships at Xiamen University in China for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship is intended to attract high-potential students who want to pursue an English-taught master’s and PhD programmes at Xiamen University.
Founded in 1921, the Xiamen University is one of the notable institutions designated as a national, central University in China. It is a large teaching and research university offering 82 undergraduate programs.
Why study at Xiamen University? The University has a strong team of faculty and staff that provides a fairly complete range of educational programs to the students. XMU actively participates in exchange programs and collaborative research projects and regularly hosts international symposia to enlarge the skills of its students.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by May 2022. Please consult the application receiving authority for the deadline of each year.
- University or Organization: Xiamen University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s and PhD
- Award: 36000RMB Master’s student or 42000RMB PhD student
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in English-Medium Master’s and PhD Programs offered by the University
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China and under the age of 45;
- be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
- Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations.
- Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health
- In the recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
- Severe physically challenged
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply online to the programme at the university online portal. Then, visit the www.campuschina.org, click “Scholarship Application for Students”) and printed the hard copy.
- Supporting Documents: Students must have to submit the following:
- Photocopy of the highest diploma
- Photocopy of highest diploma
- Photocopy of academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal, plus a resume including the educational background and working experience after high school; Applicants for entry to the School of Economics or Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics should complete the attached Study Plan Form for their Master’s Program Application.
- Two recommendation letters, including one from the current employer and one from an academic perspective
- Physical Examination Record for Inbound Travellers
- Photocopy of a valid regular passport.
- Certificate of No Criminal Records
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold a previous degree certificate.
- Language Requirement: Applicants have to submit the English proficiency certificate; (a TOEFL iBT certificate with a score of 80 or above, or an IELTS certificate with an overall score of 6.0 or above. Applicants who have taken all courses in English during their bachelor’s degree studies are exempt from this requirement, but a medium-of-instruction certificate from the University should be furnished. Native English speakers are exempt from this requirement.)
The University will provide the following:
- Students are exempt from tuition fees, teaching material fees, research and survey fees, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fees;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master’s student,
- 42000RMB per year per PhD student;
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students, and a maximum of “n-1.”
- The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy full scholarships in the next year.
- Other expenses shall be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities and shall not be distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides students with financial assistance within their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship.