To promote and sustain the internationalization of its degree courses, the Simon Diedong Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies is delighted to announce the Master of Philosophy in Development Management Scholarships for students for the academic year 2022/2023.
The general aim of the programme is to train versatile development managers grounded in theory and practice, equipped with appropriate tools and skills with the right attitude to building prosperous and sustainable societies, and guide development planning and implementation management at all levels for the achievement of societal aspirations.
The Simon Diedong Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies (SDD-UBIDS) is situated in the Upper West Regional capital, Wa, in the North-Western part of Ghana. This University emerged from the former University for Development (UDS) Wa campus. The Simon Diedong Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies (SDD-UBIDS) was established in 2019 by an Act of Parliament (Act 1001) and came into being in May 2020, with its main campus in Bamahu, Wa.
Why study at Simon Diedong Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies? To provide quality teaching, learning, development-oriented problem-solving research, and innovative, practical training to qualified and capable persons and institutions through an internationally acclaimed center of excellence in higher education.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for 2022 is 30 May 2022
- University or Organization: the Simon Diedong Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies
- Department: The Department of Governance and Development Management
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: Educational fund
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ghana
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or Postgraduate in Development Management
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants who wish to apply for the DAAD scholarship must possess a first degree with a minimum ofSecond Class (Upper Division) in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- All applicants must pass a selection interview to be conducted by the University.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission via the UBIDS Online Admissions Portal. All students that meet the scholarship criteria will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their most recent passport-size photographs and relevant certificates.
- Submit an official transcript of academic records and a copy of your previous degree certificate.
- The applicant must include a short research proposal in his/her area of research interest.
- Applicants for the DAAD scholarship must include a copy of their application form as part of the scholarship application package
- Candidates are strongly advised to visit any Ghana Post EMS Office in the Country for assistance in returning the application documents. Applicants are advised not to post the forms themselves. They should seek the advice and services of Ghana Post EMS.
- The application documents as specified above should be addressed to The Assistant Registrar (Academic & Student Affairs) SD Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies P.O Box WA 64 Wa, UW/R, Ghana
vii. Foreign applicants should also post three copies of the application documents mentioned in (v) by express mail to the same address in (vi). For clarity, foreign candidates should post their application documents to The Assistant Registrar (Academic & Student Affairs) SD Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies P.O Box WA 64 Wa, UW/R, Ghana
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a first degree with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) in a related field from a recognized University or Tertiary Institution.
- Language Requirement: The MPhil Development Management is pursued in the English Language. Hence, English proficiency is a critical requirement for students who wish to study in the Programme. Foreign applicants whose native language is not English must show proof of English Proficiency or a certificate of advanced language examinations, e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, and CPE.
The selected candidates will be provided with the educational fund to study in Ghana.