The University of Maine is accepting applications for the Maine Global Partner Scholarship for foreign candidates graduating from high schools in the state of Maine with a high school Cumulative GPA of 3.0 and higherin the United States for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Established in 1865, the University of Maine is a land and sea-grant academic institution, and the leading campus of the University of Maine System. Situated in Orono, along the banks of the Stillwater River, this pulsating and dynamic university serves Maine, the country, and the world through its research, teaching, and outreach mission.
UMaine scholars come from every county in Maine, over 49 other states and 62 nations. UMaine provides over 100-degree programs through which candidates can earn graduate certificates, masters, and doctoral or professional science master’s degree programs. Opportunity for all associates of the University of Maine community and its components is a cornerstone of their mission.
Worth of Maine Global Partner Scholarship
The Maine Global Partner Scholarship award is valued up to US$12,000 each academic year.
Eligibility for Maine Global Partner Scholarship
- Foreign students finishing from high schools in the state of Maine with a high school Cumulative GPA of 3.0 and above.
- This scholarship award is not available to international transfer candidates.
- Graduate candidates are not qualified for this award. Sponsored candidates are not qualified for this scholarship award.
- The Maine Global Partner Scholarship award is not renewed automatically every year. Candidates have to maintain full-time enrollment and a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of a minimum of 2.00 for the scholarship to be renewed. Furthermore, the scholarship award is for a maximum of 8 semesters (4 academic sessions) for a candidate entering as a first-year candidate. Beneficiaries of the award have to also remain on a non-immigrant student visa F-1 or J-1 to be qualified to hold the scholarship award.
How to Apply for Maine Global Partner Scholarship
Candidates are given consideration for the Maine Global Partner Scholarship when their application for admission is assessed. No additional application is needed.
To apply for admission:
- Fill out one of their applications – the UMaine Mobile Application, the Common Application, or the ApplyMaine Application.
- Hand in one official transcript of all past secondary/high school or university work (submission requirements by nation). Furthermore, if the document is not in English, hand in a certified English translation.
- Submit an English language adeptness test. Check their test waiver policy.
- Hand in a Declaration of Finances together with supporting credentials through e-mail to [email protected]. If handed in with the application, this form accelerates the issuing of the I-20 (immigration document).
- Upload a copy of passport ID page and submit through e-mail to [email protected]
Transcript Submission Requirements
Secondary School Transcripts
Formal transcripts can be submitted through one of the following methods:
- Submitted by a school official via the Common Application
- Sent directly from the institution issuing the transcript to:
|Sent through airmail or equivalent:||Application Processing
PO Box 412
Bangor, ME 04402-0412
|Shipped through courier service
(DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.) :
|Office of International Programs
5775 Stodder Hall, Room 300
20 Stodder Drive
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469-5775
- United States State Department’s Education USA program. Please go to the link given to ensure that services are available in your nation. Education USA transcripts handed in through email should be sent to [email protected] and have to clearly specify in the subject line “accept as official copy from EducationUSA”
Furthermore, if the document is not in English, accompany it with a certified English translation.
Priority application closing date for scholarship award deliberation is February 1 for fall semester (August) and November 1 for spring semester (January). Applications gotten after these dates will be given consideration for admission and scholarship awards on a space-available basis.
Check visa processing times. In some nations, it may take many weeks or months to get a visa.