Tsukuba University is pleased to announce its International Mabuchi Scholarship Foundation for overseas applicants. This scholarship is open for the academic year 2021/2022.
The educational program aims to support talented and deserving students who wish to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degree studies at the University of Tsukuba.
Tsukuba University is one of the most prestigious national universities in Japan, located in Tsukuba, Ibaraki (established by the Japanese government). The university has 28 university and college groups of approximately 16,500 students (as of 2014). An area of 258 hectares (636 acres) covers Tsukuba’s main campus, making it the second-largest campus in Japan.
Why study at the University of Tsukuba? Working adults can enroll in graduate programs at the university, which also operates university-affiliated K-12 schools in Tokyo. The STEMM fields (science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine), physical education, and related interdisciplinary fields are the educational strengths of the university. It is located in the Tsukuba City of Science, which has more than 300 research institutes.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Tsukuba
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Master degree
- Awards: Monthly scholarship 100,000 yen
- Number of Awards: 40
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or Master degree program in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Those who are financially in need and have difficulty attending school (household income of less than 5 million yen)
- First and second-year students who have Asian nationalities (including Japanese nationality) and live in Japan and attend regular faculties at the following universities
Tohoku University, Ibaraki University, Tsukuba University, Utsunomiya University, Gunma University, Saitama University, Chiba University, Ochanomizu University, Telecommunications University, Tokyo University, Tokyo Foreign Language University, Tokyo Marine University, Tokyo Gakugei University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo Agricultural and Industrial University, Hitotsubashi University, Yokohama National University, Niigata University, Toyama University, Yamanashi University, Shinshu University, Kanazawa University, Shizuoka University, Nagoya University, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Toyohashi Institute of Technology, Kyoto University, Osaka University,
The Takasaki University of Economics, Maebashi Institute of Technology, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Yokohama City University, Chiba Prefectural University of Health Sciences
Aoyama Gakuin University, Gakuin University, Keio University, International Christian University, Sophia University, Chuo University, Tokyo Science University, Hosei University, Meiji University, Rikkyo University, Waseda University
- Those who have the Japanese language ability (generally N2 or higher) necessary for studying at university
- Those who are healthy and have excellent academic performance
Standard grades for second-year college students
? GPA adopted universities: 2.5 or higher
? GPA non-adopted universities: Average 3.5 points or higher in terms of the following points
Excellent (Hide, S, A, 80 points or higher) Etc.) Number of subjects x 5 points
Good (B, 70-79 points, etc.) Number of subjects x 3 points
Possible (C, 60-69 points, etc.) Number of subjects x 1 point
- Those who can receive the recommendation of the president of the university
- Those who have not received other benefit-type.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this opportunity, aspirants have to take admission in an undergraduate degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must check the required documents at the University of Tsukuba.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must need to submit previous year’s degrees or certificates with good academic results.
- Language Requirement: Japanese language proficiency is requested.
The University of Tsukuba will provide the award of a Monthly scholarship of 100,000 yen to the students who want to study in Japan.