The scholarships help reduce the impact of rising tuition fees. Therefore, the Foundation for Packaging and Environment (SVM) is now announcing the funding opportunity for the talented students of Leiden University.
Eight awards are available for outstanding applicants who plan to study at Leiden University for a research degree for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Founded in 1575, the oldest institution of higher education in the Netherlands is the University of Leiden. It offers 50 undergraduates, 100 seniors, and 50 doctoral or doctoral programs in its seven faculties to better educate students.
Why would you like to study at Leiden University? LU offers a high-quality degree, a wide range of bachelor’s and master’s degree programs, and personalized student research assistance. It supports education and learning, team building, international exchanges, talent development, campus cultural development, as well as student employment and funding.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Leiden University
- Department: Foundation for Packaging and the Environment (SVM)
- Course Level: Research program
- Awards: 4000 Euro per awardee
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Eight
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: A research program in the faculty of Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You must be registered as a master’s student at Leiden University.
- You must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For application, applicants need to take admission for a degree at Leiden University. After that, they will be automatically considered for the awards.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the following documents by email to email@example.com, mentioning LUF-SVM Fund in the subject line:
- A letter of motivation in which you explain why you believe your thesis proposal is worthy of a LUF/SVM fund scholarship.
- Your thesis proposal related to the theme of packaging and the environment which includes:
- either an analytical or technical foundation;
- creative and innovative ideas;
- a description of the intended contribution of your master’s thesis to the social discussion about packaging and the environment.
- A letter of recommendation written by your Leiden University thesis supervisor.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying, you need to check all the entrance requirements for your study.
- Language Requirement: Entrants need to demonstrate that they have the right level of written and spoken English.
The Foundation for Packaging and the Environment (SVM) will provide the award amount of 4000 Euro per awardee. A total of eight financial aid positions will be awarded.