The Royal Society of London is now offering high-performing students the opportunity to use the history of scientific discovery in their research through the Lisa Jardine Grant Scheme for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The scholarship aims to encourage the free movement of scholars between disciplines and countries and to encourage scholars in intellectual history to consider science in their research.
The Royal Society of London, established November 28, 1660, is a UK literary society and national academy of sciences for the improvement of natural knowledge. It is the oldest national scientific institution in the world.
Why did you choose the Royal Society of London? The association encourages academics to achieve their professional goals by performing various functions, such as promoting science and its benefits, recognizing scientific excellence, supporting outstanding science, providing scientific advice for scholars. policies, the promotion of international and global cooperation, as well as public education and engagement.
Application Deadline: March 17, 2021
- University or Organization: The Royal Society of London
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Up to £2,000 per month to a maximum of 3 months
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant is available for the Ph.D. degree.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Be right in academics at their previous educational studies;
- Researchers are holding PhDs awarded within the last ten years in early research positions at universities and other eligible organizations (e.g. museums, galleries). The applicant must have a permanent or fixed-term contract for the duration of the award is a qualified organization;
- Doctoral candidates with at least one year’s experience towards the thesis stage.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the award, aspirants have to register themselves via an online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application, i.e., an ID card, a passport photo in JPG format, a CV, and academic records.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must fulfill the required conditions for the applied degree field at their desired university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your primary language, then you have to show your English Language Proficiency skills through different exams like IELTS or TOEFL, etc.
The Lisa Jardine Grant Scheme will award up to £2,000 per month to a maximum of 3 months to the highly motivated students, funded by the Royal Society of London.