City Science Lab or HafenCity University Hamburg is inviting outstanding postdoctoral researchers students from all nationalities, to become a part of its International Fellowships Program for Urban Research. There are four scholarships are available for the academic year 2022/2023.
The program aims to enable the fellowships to develop existing research ideas further for a concrete project proposal in sustainable urban development in data-driven cities or digital transformation in cities and their societies worldwide.
The HafenCity University Hamburg is a public university in Germany focused on architecture, civil engineering, and urban planning courses. It ranks 229th among all national universities. HCU wants to develop urban living environments and seeks sustainable solutions for current structural-spatial, ecological, social, cultural, and economic challenges.
Why choose to study at the HafenCity University Hamburg? The main characteristics of HCU’s education are highly practical orientation, technical knowledge, multi-perspective reflections, and creativity. The university trains highly qualified graduates for business, administration, or the academic field
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by May 16th, 2022
- University or Organization: HafenCity University Hamburg
- Department: City Science Lab
- Course Level: Postdoctoral researchers
- Award: €2,500
- Number of Awards: 4
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply to study Postdoctoral research in engineering, sciences, humanities, and the Social sciences as well as design and planning under one roof in order to bring together all the areas of study and research needed for the built environment at HCU.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The program enables four-month fellowships for international postdocs involved in the CityScienceLab at HCU.
- Applicants must have enrolled in the Postdoctoral researcher’s programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must have to take admission in the Postdoctoral researcher’s programme at the university. Applications have to be submitted in English at csl(at)hcu-hamburg.de .
- Supporting Documents: Students must have submitted a certificate of a university degree, two contacts for references, and a CV including a list of publications;
- exposé for a research project (not more than 1-2 pages), including how to collaborate with the CSL;
- one-minute video contribution to communicating the relevance of the proposed research design;
- Possible date of arrival.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must provide all required documents and meet other course-specific demands.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- The university will provide benefits:-
- 4-month research stay at the HafenCity University Hamburg;
- Monthly grant of €2,500;
- Accommodation costs (up to 900 €/month);
- Traveling expenses fee (€2,000).