How to Immigrate to Canada from Saudi Arabia


It’s really easy to make mistakes in your immigration application. You shouldn’t have to struggle, which is why we put together a handy guide to avoid those silly errors. Discover how to immigrate to Canada from Saudi Arabia here.

First, you must know which immigration category you want to apply under. There are over 60 immigration programs and streams to choose from. We recommend looking at your needs and then matching them with the appropriate program, for example, if you want to study in Canada, you will need to apply for a study visa.

You should also have an idea about which of the 13 provinces or territories you wish to live in because not all immigration programs are the same for each part of Canada.

Should You Choose Express Entry?

Canada’s Express Entry, one of the most popular immigration programs, lets you apply and qualify in six to eight months. Not only is this program one of the fastest ways to become a permanent resident of Canada, but it also gives you the chance to assist the rest of your family into the land of the maple leaf. Six new changes to the program have also made it easier to qualify.

There are three main programs under this system:

  • Skilled Federal Worker Stream
  • Skilled Trade Worker Stream; and
  • Canadian Experience Class

Here are the steps you need to take to qualify for this program:

  1. Find out which program you can qualify with our Online Evaluation;
  2. Complete your Language Tests for English and French;
  3. Get an Educational Credential Assessment;
  4. Get your biometrics;
  5. Find out which job NOC (National Occupation Classification) code you have;
  6. Create an Express Entry Profile;
  7. Register on the job bank (this is voluntary)
  8. Enter the Express Entry pool;
  9. Get an ITA (Invitation to Apply);
  10. Apply for permanent residency within two months of your ITA
  11. Pay for application fees and for permanent residency fee;
  12. Provide proof of funds, Police Clearance and Health Certificate; and
  13. Ask your current employer for job letters to prove your work experience for your program

What Do You Need?

In most cases, if you want to immigrate to Canada you will need your:

  • ID and Passport;
  • Language Tests;
  • Education Credential Assessment;
  • Your NOC (National Occupational Classification) code;
  • Biometrics;
  • Provincial Nomination (if you have one);
  • Job offer (if you have one);
  • Police Clearance; and
  • Doctor’s Certificate

ID and Passport

When you apply for any document or application you will need a valid ID and passport on hand. Always make sure that your documents will not expire before or during your application process, or you might need to reapply.

Language Results for English and French

If you plan to apply, you will need to prove that you have the right language skills in French and English. You can do this through several tests that are accepted by the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada).

First, you must choose which of the two, English or French, is your first language.

What Language Tests Does the IRCC Accept

English language tests that are accepted by the program are:

  • CELPIP General Test (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program); and
  • IELTS General Training (International English Language Testing System)

The French language test accepted by the program is the:

  • TEF (Test d’évaluation de français)

What Scores Do You Need For The Three Programs?

First Language Speakers for the FSWP must score:

  • 7s in the CLB for English; or
  • 7s in the NCL for French

Second Language Speakers must score:

  • Minimum of 5 in the CLB for English; or
  • 5 in the NCLC for French

For the CEC you must score:

  • 7 for CLB and NCL if your job NOC code is 0 or A; or
  • 5 for CLD and NCL if your job NOC code is B

For the FSTP you must score:

  • 5 in CLB for Speaking and Listening;
  • 4 in CLB for Reading and Writing;
  • 5 in NCLC for Speaking and Listening; and
  • 4 in NCLC for Reading and Writing

Educational Credential Assessment

First of all, you must know what an ECA is. It is a document that evaluates your education if you were taught outside of Canada. It is a way to prove that your qualifications, like a degree, diploma, certificate, and Ph.D. are equal to Canadian standards.

You will need to have an ECA if you:

  • Apply for the Federal Skilled Workers program; or
  • Want to score more points for Express Entry

You must include these results in your applications

Where Can I get my ECA?

You can apply for an ECA on the WES website. This website also includes an option for professionals to get their credentials licensed, for example, doctors, nurses, and other skilled professionals. Most ECA for immigration will take around 20 business days to be processed and completed.

READ ALSO  How to Apply for a Canadian Visa from Ireland

Related Articles

Back to top button