The Bible Society of Nigeria is a member of the United Bible Societies (UBS), a global fellowship of Non-Denominational Christian organization whose primary mission involves translation of the Holy Scriptures into languages people can easily read and understand as well as production and distribution of the scriptures in various forms to meet the different needs of everyone. It also organizes life transforming programmes to engage people with the scriptures and raise fund for its activities.
To fulfil its mission and mandate, the Bible Society of Nigeria and Bible Guest House, Research and Development Center are recruiting experienced and qualified Christian professionals from different work spheres to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Guest Service Agent (Receptionist)
Location: Wuse Zone 5, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- To ensure that all reservations are made and confirmed, receive guest professionally, compute guest bills and keep proper records.
- Receiving of visitors and customers professionally
- Welcome and greet guests
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Inform guests of hotel rates and services
- Make and confirm reservations for guests
- Ensure proper room allocation
- Register and check guests in
- Confirm relevant guest information
- Verify guest’s payment method
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization
- Issue room keys and direct guests to their rooms
- Maintain clear and accurate records of guest room bookings
- Compute all guest billings, accurately post charges to guest rooms and house accounts
- Receive and transmit messages for guests
- Retrieve mail, packages and documents for guests
- Listen and respond to guest queries and requests both in-person and by phone
- Provide accurate information about local attractions and services
- Liaise with necessary staff including housekeeping and maintenance to address any problems or complaints made by guests
- Complete and maintain any incident reports, daily activity reports or other reports requested by management
- Manage conference room bookings and scheduling
- Close guest accounts and check guests out
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the check-out process
- Process accurate payment of guest accounts
- Inform housekeeping when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning
- Monitor visitors to the hotel
- Enforce rules and policies of the hotel
- Maintain a neat and orderly front desk and reception area
- Answering and making of official phone calls
- Interact with customers and clients professionally
- Receiving of cash and issuing of receipts and invoices to guests
- Helping guests/customers navigate through offices
- Monitoring of visitors’ access
- Carry out other responsibilities assigned by the manager while maintaining professional composure always.
- B.Sc in related field or N.C.E / Ordinary Diploma in any related field.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years cognate experience.
- Good numerical skills, time management skills, basic computer knowledge, attention to details and good interpersonal communication (written and verbal communication).
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.