In co-operation with Agilent Technologies, Southern Cross University is pleased to announce PhD positions in Archaeo-Geochemistry for the academic year 2021-2022.
The grant is a fully-funded opportunity to work in the field of archaeo-geochemistry, explicitly improving their knowledge of hominid exposomes using LA-ICPMS/LA-MC-ICPMS on fossil remains.
The Southern Cross University is an Australian state-funded University with a solid obligation to greatness in Australia through the nature of graduate produces and its rich systems administration with its networks.
Why study at The Southern Cross University? SCU has accomplished elite outcomes in research, rankings, understudy fulfilment, and generally speaking, standing. Achievement in these undertakings joined with its awesome grounds, staff, and emotionally supportive networks, are the thing that makes Southern Cross University the ideal spot to examine. The variety of understudies at SCU has made it striking, humane, and better. It is additionally dedicated to being a comprehensive and socially safe work and study climate that qualities, supports, embraces, and advantages from the variety of its communities.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: The Southern Cross University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: fully-funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can also be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Students from Australia and any other nations can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All doctoral programs and subjects in the field of archaeo-geochemistry are eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be qualified, candidates should meet all of the following/specified standards:
- The position is open to all domestic and international applicants currently residing in Australia. International applicants currently living overseas are welcome. However current Australian government border restrictions may affect their application.
- The successful applicant should meet the requirement to enrol in a PhD program at SCU for a full-time basis, including a BSc (Hons, 2nd class or above) or MSc degree with a research component, either in Earth Sciences (Geo)Chemistry, Environmental Sciences or related fields.
- Preferably, applicants will have some involvement with geochemistry and either knowledge or a strong interest in working on human/primate evolution problematic. Candidates with experience with LA-CIPMS or Multicollector ICPMS from another research area such as medical geochemistry or a related field are likewise strong urged to apply. The student with experience in Matlab, R or comparable bundles is a plus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must enrol with the university through the online portal and complete the application process. To apply for the program, applicants must send the documents listed below as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: The student must provide the required documents:
- Please send your resume (max. 2 pages).
- A cover letter clarifying your interest in and suitability for application (1 page)
- Details of two recommenders
- Other relevant research documents (e.g. publications/dissertations)
- Admission Requirements: The Student must have a qualification equivalent to an Australian bachelor’s degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have achieved the minimum required score on the following English language proficiency test:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.0
- CAE – 58
- PTE – 58
Southern Cross University awards fully funded scholarships to selected students.