Maastricht University is now announcing the Civil Society Leadership Awards for students who demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to driving positive social change in their communities.
The program aims to encourage students who wish to apply for a master’s degree at Maastricht University.
Maastricht University, founded in 1976, is the largest international university in the Netherlands. The university aims for its innovative educational model, its international reputation, and its multidisciplinary path towards research and training.
Why study at Maastricht University? The university helps academics prepare for the desired career path. University career periods support groups of faculty and students in setting up career-related businesses.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Maastricht University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Masters Degree
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Number of Awards: 5
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Azerbaijan, Equatorial Guinea, Myanmar/Burma, Tajikistan, Belarus, Eritrea, Republic of Congo, Turkmenistan, Cambodia, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Uzbekistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Laos, and Sudan.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant will be awarded for the master’s degree in the following given courses at the university:
- Master of Arts in Globalisation and Development Studies
- Master of Arts in European Studies on Science, Society, and Technology
- Master of Science degree in Global Health
- Master of Science degree in Public Policy and Human Development
- Master of Science Economics.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the grant, the applicants must have to follow the following given requirements:
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential;
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree as of May 2020 with an excellent academic record;
- Demonstrate professional experience related to your chosen field of study;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English) at a level required for admission by Maastricht University;
- Be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2021 and start their degree program in September 2021;
- Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by The Netherlands; and
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to their home country or region in supporting open society development.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates can apply for the studentship via an online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application, i.e., an ID card, a passport photo in JPG format, a CV, and academic records.
- Admission Requirements: Scholars holding an offer letter for their degree with unique curricular criteria and must meet the requirements of eligibility at the university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you will need to show that your English language skills are high enough to succeed in your studies.
The benefits of the Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) at Maastricht University are as follows:
- Pre-academic preparation via summer schools
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses
- Program-related travel
- Accident and sickness insurance during the program
- Funds for educational materials and professional development
- Attendance at a regional programs conference
- Accommodations during the application process and the duration of the grant for applicants with disabilities