Texas Tech University in the United States is welcoming applications for the Freshman Presidential Scholarship award for foreign students in 2021.
Texas Tech University is an all-inclusive university that provides many scholarship awards to assist you to finance your education. Many candidates compete for scholarship awards, which are granted on merit and on a first-come, first-served basis to candidates enrolling in the fall term. They suggest you apply to TTU as soon as possible. Named a top value institution by Kiplinger in past years, TTU offers a quality education at a fair price. Tuition and accommodation increments are well below others in public higher education.
Texas Tech rewards talented candidates with merit-based scholarship awards and offers need-based financial aid to qualified families. Athletic, choral, band, fine arts, and departmental scholarship awards are obtainable through specific departments. TTU also assists parents and candidates to find elusive federal and state grants to reduce the pressure on a family’s pocketbook. Furthermore, candidates are encouraged to use their search tools to assist them to find more external scholarships.
Worth of Freshman Presidential Scholarship at Texas Tech University
- Freshman Presidential Scholarship is granted to incoming first-time freshmen who display excellent academic ability through high test scores and class grades.
- Yearly award amounts disburse one-half toward fall and the other half toward spring terms.
- If you are a non-resident granted a Presidential Scholarship award, you will also be eligible to pay in-state tuition.
- All merit scholarship awards are assured for candidates granted admission by April 15th; admission after this date is limited only by the availability of these scholarship awards.
- Candidates that get to finalist standing will be informed in February by the National Merit Corporation. Qualifying candidates that choose Texas Tech University as their first choice institution are qualified to get 100% of the federally approved expense of attendance comprising tuition, room, fees, books, board, transportation, and a personal/miscellaneous stipend.
Eligibility for Freshman Presidential Scholarship at Texas Tech University
Furthermore, to test scores and class grades, to be qualified for the Freshman Presidential Scholarship award, you have to be an incoming freshman, first-year college candidate (college credits earned via dual-credit, CLEP, or AP do not rule you out). To be qualified, you have to fulfill the following requirements all through your TTU academic career:
- Sustain an aggregate Grade Point Average (GPA) as stated on the “Terms and Conditions” tab of MyTech.
- Keep full-time enrollment in a Texas Tech University academic program and accrue a minimum of 30 TTU hours each year (checked in May).
- Make sure addresses, like email address, are kept current on MyTech.
- Compose a thank you letter to the scholarship award donor when and as instructed by the Texas Tech University Scholarship Office.
- Attend mandatory donor events.
How to Apply for Freshman Presidential Scholarship at Texas Tech University
- Applications for the Freshman Presidential Scholarship are online
- If a candidate is qualified to obtain one Presidential Scholarship from the TTU Presidential Scholarship Program, the Presidential offer takes the place of any other Presidential scholarship award offers.
- Presidential Merit Scholarship awards apply only to Texas Tech University academic programs of study.
- Texas Tech University scholarship awards do not transfer to Texas Tech Costa Rica, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC), or Angelo State University.
- The chance to be given consideration for TTUHSC scholarship awards will be available when you apply for admission to a TTUHSC Program of study.
If you sit for the SAT or ACT again and get a higher score, or the merging of section scores from two various SAT test dates or ACT test dates would improve your scholarship, it is your responsibility to get in touch with the TTU Scholarship Office to verify eligibility for a higher scholarship award by April 15. The closing date for scholarship award upgrades is May 1st before fall enrollment.
Application Deadline: The application ends on April 15, 2021.