If you are a high-caliber international student with the ability to change your future, you can apply for the Entrance Scholarships offered by Cape Breton University.
The program is open to foreign students new to the bachelor’s degree program.
Cape Breton University is a public, coeducational, primarily undergraduate university located in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. It is the only institution that grants post-secondary degrees in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality and on Cape Breton Island.
Why study at Cape Breton University? The university is committed to excellence in teaching and learning, CBU offers students the benefit of exceptional experiential learning and undergraduate research opportunities in a supportive academic environment.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Cape Breton University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Up to $30,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- No failures in Grade 11 or 12 courses
- Average is based on all AC & AD Grade 11 courses and all AC & AD completed Grade 12 courses after the first semester
- Average for international students entering directly from high school will be determined by Cape Breton University
- ESL conditional offers must attend a CBU English language partner school to have award honoured
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, applicants must have to take admission in the undergraduate degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants must have to submit the academic transcripts of all the previous school attended and copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have to meet the admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Students must have the following:
- TOEFL score of 550 (paper test), 213 (computer test), or 80 (internet test): www.ets.org
- IELTS Academic (and IELTS Indicator) score of 6.5 with no band below 6.0: www.ielts.org
- CAEL score of 60 (this includes CAEL Online): www.cael.ca.
- MELAB score of 85: www.melab.ca
- Pearson PTE (Academic) score of 59: www.pearsonpte.com
- CanTEST score of 4.5 (reading & listening), 4.0 (writing)
- Duolingo English Test score of 115 for undergraduate programs, diplomas, and certificates.
Each successful scholar will receive an award amount of up to $30,000 to cover their study expenses in Canada.