The University of Edinburgh is proud to announce the East Africa Scholarships for students who dream of graduating from a renowned university in the UK.
International students born or working in East African countries can apply for this application. This opportunity aims to encourage students and unleash the potential to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals through healthcare.
The University of Edinburgh, Scotland’s sixth oldest university, is one of the best universities in the world with five beautiful campuses, namely in the central area, King’s Building and BioQuarter, Western General, and Easter Bush.
Why choose to study at the University of Edinburgh? At the University of Edinburgh, students have excellent opportunities to work with professionals and gain practical knowledge in the field as well as industry tours with faculty members. Students at the University of Edinburgh learn through a combination of independent study, lectures, tutorials, and various other measures taught by the institution’s expert faculty. He uses his powerful research to improve people’s lives through his impressive history of invention, discovery, and innovation.
Application Deadline: 1st June 2021
- University or Organization: The University of Edinburgh
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: East African Nationals or Residents
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All East African countries are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master of Family Medicine
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The opportunities are available to students born and working in East Africa who would like to study towards the Master of Family Medicine online distance learning programme offered by the University of Edinburgh commencing in September 2021.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must apply as per the procedure of the university. Applications should be made to email@example.com
- Supporting Documents: Submit your CV and a 500 – 800 word summary of your reasons for applying for the master’s programme. Applicants who are currently practicing medicine and can demonstrate that they have:
- The potential to contribute to national and local policy; taking forward a new way of providing healthcare that is equitable and that goes some way to meet the Sustainable Development Goals for the future.
- A vision for improving the way that healthcare is delivered and who look to shape global health policy through the WHO agenda for more equitable and primary health-led care.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a medical degree (MBChB) or its international equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have the required scores for the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS Academic total 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each component.
- TOEFL-iBT (including Special Home Edition) total 92 with at least 20 in each section.
- CAE and CPE total 176 with at least 169 in each paper.
- Trinity ISE ISE II with distinctions in all four components.
The university will provide financial aid to the applicants by covering the tuition fee of the course which will be tenable for 3 years.