Connaught International Scholarship award program at the University of Toronto in Canada is obtainable for foreign students. The scholarship award is for PhD level program(s) in all fields taught at the University of Toronto.
The University of Toronto is one of the world’s foremost academic institutions for research and novelty. It is the premier higher education institution in the Upper Canadian cluster.
Why school at the University of Toronto? The school is devoted to nurturing an intellectual environment in which the principles of equal opportunity, fairness, and justice are learned. At school, you will develop and reinforce your skills.
The Connaught International Scholarship for PhD candidates is a cost-sharing enterprise structured to assist graduate units in enrolling and supporting top foreign candidates by offering a top-up scholarship award to each beneficiary, which will be disbursed together with the program’s normal funding package offered by the graduate unit.
- Open for the winter session
Brief Description of Connaught International Scholarship
- University or Organization: University of Toronto
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: $10,000 top-up
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
Benefits: The University of Toronto will offer the award sum of $10,000 top-up to gifted candidates to cover their educational costs in Canada.
Eligibility for Connaught International Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Subjects: The scholarship will be granted in any subject provided by the university
- Eligibility Conditions: To be qualified, the candidates have to meet all the given conditions:
- Be international candidates
- Have been or will be granted admission to a full-time PhD program* with a funding arrangement starting September of the upcoming academic session
- Have accomplished an A- average in every of the last two years of full-time study
- Have to remain qualified, in good academic standing, and fulfill the terms and conditions of the scholarship award;
- Have to register and remain enrolled as a full-time candidate (an alteration in status may result in suspension or cessation of payments and/or refunding funds already disbursed);
- Have to maintain an A- average, and be making acceptable progress toward the conclusion of their degree as defined by their graduate unit so as to maintain the award;
- Those who switch to permanent residency standing after getting the first installment of the scholarship award will continue to be qualified for the balance of their renewable scholarship award. An alteration in legal status after getting the initial installment does not affect the beneficiary’s eligibility to continue holding the scholarship award;
- The beneficiary may simultaneously hold other scholarship awards at any value, with the exemption of Tri-Agency awards of worth over $20,000.
How to Apply for Connaught International Scholarship
- To get this opportunity, candidates are required to enroll in the doctoral degree program at the school.
- Supporting Documents: Have to submit academic transcripts, degree certificates, and CV with your application.
- Admission Criteria: A relevant master’s degree program, or its equivalent, with an average of a minimum of B+ or proven comparable research competence. Some departments admit straight to the doctoral program from a bachelor’s degree program for highly qualified applicants (at least average A- required)
- Language Criteria: Candidates have to demonstrate a suitable level of proficiency in English, notwithstanding their citizenship status or nation of origin.
Nominations are carried out by graduate units in the Winter session on the basis of admission applications that are finished and submitted by or prior to the graduate units’ admission application closing date. Admission application closing dates are set by U of T’s individual graduate units and can be assessed on the graduate units’ websites.
Candidates interested in being given consideration for the Connaught International Scholarship for PhD candidates are encouraged to get in touch with their prospective graduate unit when putting in for admission to the University of Toronto.
Contacts & Resources
Please send all questions about this scholarship to:
Graduate Awards Officer, Internal
School of Graduate Studies
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada scholarships here