Many students dream of studying in the UK, but they are unable to do it due to financial barriers. So for helping students, the University of Glasgow is providing the Alexander And Dixon Scholarships.
To be considered for this award, the university must already have received your application and accepted you – conditionally or unconditionally for one of the taught MLitt programmes in English Literature by the application deadline. This award is only available to UK or EU applicants.
In Glasgow, Scotland, the University of Glasgow is a public research university. The QS World University Rankings put the University of Glasgow at number 73. The University of Glasgow’s goal is to do research that is the best in the world and to give students a place to learn that is intellectually stimulating and helps culture, society, and the economy.
Why study at the University of Glasgow? The University of Glasgow is one of the top 100 universities in the world. The university is also known for its world-leading research in art history, veterinary medicine, cancer studies, accounting, and finance. It is an illustrious member of the Russell Group of Institutions and wants to strengthen its position as one of the world’s great, broad-based, research-intensive universities.
Application Deadline: The deadline is the third Sunday in July each year
- University or Organization: University of Glasgow
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: Fee waiver
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Wales.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MLitt programme in Creative Writing, English Literature, English Literature: American Modern Literature, English Literature: Fantasy, English Literature: Modernities – Literature, Culture, Theory, English Literature: Victorian Literature.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be from an eligible country/region.
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer of admission
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can submit their admission applications by logging in to the university portal. Applications should be sent to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: All applicants who wish to be considered for an Alexander and Dixon Scholarship should send a brief CV (1 page) and a statement (2 pages max) for the attention of the English Literature Convenor for Taught Postgraduate Programmes (currently Dr Matthew Sangster). The submitted documents should detail your past record and academic achievements; discuss why you wish to pursue postgraduate studies at Glasgow; explain how an Alexander and Dixon Scholarship would assist you in realizing your ambitions
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a minimum UK 2.1 honours degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- PTE – 60
- CPE/CAE – 176
The University of Glasgow will provide the selected candidate’s Fee waiver (Home/EU fees) for 1 year of full-time study or 2 years of part-time study