Scholarships are a great way to help you pay for the cost of your education. Therefore, the University of Bremen is granting the Afghanistan Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarships are aimed at students who could not begin or complete their bachelor’s or master’s studies after the Taliban took power in their country.
The University of Bremen is a public university in Germany. The University of Bremen is listed as the 525th Best Global University. It supports the Bologna Declaration, which wants to create a European higher education area. It encourages student exchanges through international programmes and partnerships on all continents.
Why study at the University of Bremen? The founding principles of the University of Bremen are interdisciplinarity, a focus on practice, and social accountability. These ideas shape the university’s approach to teaching and research. The university tries to find real, long-lasting answers to problems in society.
Application Deadline: Applicants must have to apply by June 05, 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Bremen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelors and masters
- Award: 861 euros
- Number of Awards: 10
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Afghan Students
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- being no older than 30 years, last degree no older than five years
- Proof of previous school or study achievements and an explanation of the current risk situation are required.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must have to enroll in the degree programme at the university. After that, you have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: You must provide evidence of this need (§ 4 of the award guideline)
- your current address in Afghanistan
- describe your current situation of threat
- proof that you are unable to open a blocked account needed for a visa for study purposes in Afghanistan due to the political situation and
- upload your proof of enrollment and study evidence of your Bachelor’s or Master’s study program in Afghanistan.
- please collect the following documents before applying
- copy of your currently valid ID
- School leaving or university certificates, certifications, certificate of enrollment, study evidence
- curriculum vitae, with references if applicable
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold a previous degree certificate with relevant marks.
- Language Requirement: Students must have sufficient knowledge of the English language.
The scholarship includes the amount of a blocked account required for prospective international students (twelve times the BAföG loan maximum rate of 861 euros) and a travel allowance.