The world is filled with a lot of nice and very cool most beautiful places to visit, be it places that are beautiful through nature and those that are damn beautiful through the help of artificial facilities. In as much as we got lots of them, yet there are still some that are so how much better than the others and that’s why we’ve composed this article solely on the top 10 most beautiful places to visit before you die.
Top 10 most beautiful places to visit
Great Blue Hole, Belize
The number 10 on our list of top 10 most beautiful places to visit is Great Blue Hole, Belize; one of the most beautiful places to visit. The Great Blue Hole is a giant submarine sinkhole off the coast of Belize. It lies near the center of Lighthouse Reef, a small atoll 70 km from the mainland and Belize City. The hole is circular in shape, over 300 m across and 108 m deep.
Reasons to visit Great Blue Hole
- The great blue hole is a natural underwater sinkhole located 70 km away from the mainland of Belize. It is the most popular dive destination in the country
- The great blue hole is almost circle in shape. It is 300 meters wide and 125 meters deep
- This amazing sinkhole is known for its deep blue color that caused by presence of white carbonate sand and transparency of water
- Formed in the ice age by the opening of a dry cave and melting of huge ice blocks
- It is a world class destination for scuba diving
- The walls of Great blue hole aged millions of years. It is also home to some of amazing marine species including nurse shark, reef shark and giant groupers
Great Wall of China
The number 9 on our list of top 10 most beautiful places to visit is Great Wall of China; one of the most beautiful places to visit. Great Wall of China is a series of fortifications made of stone, brick, tamped earth, wood, and other materials, generally built along an east-to-west line across the historical northern borders of China
Reasons to visit Great Wall of China
- Great wall i the most popular landmark of China and one of the greatest architectural wonders of Ancient world
- It is not a continuous wall. The great wall combines circular walls, parallel walls and side walls
- The great wall was built by different Dynasties of China. The first part of this wall was built by emperor Qin Shi Huang between 220 B.C and 206 B.C. Since then, different dynasties added new sections to the original wall.
- With a total length of 5500.3 miles, the great wall is the longest structures man have ever built on the face of the Earth
- The height of the Great wall ranges from 16-33 feet and has a width between 13-15 feet
- Without aid , the great wall of China can’t be seen from space
- Many parts of Great wall have been eroded away. Only a few sections of original wall remain today
- The Badaling in Beijing city is the most visited section of the Great Wall of China. This section of wall was built by Ming Dynasty and also has undergone restoration
Machu Picchu, Peru
Machu Picchu is an Incan citadel set high in the Andes Mountains in Peru, above the Urubamba River valley. Built in the 15th century and later abandoned, it’s renowned for its sophisticated dry-stone walls that fuse huge blocks without the use of mortar, intriguing buildings that play on astronomical alignments and panoramic views. Its exact former use remains a mystery.
Reasons to visit Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu is the ruins of the royal estate built by the Incas located high in the Andes mountains of Peru. It contains temples, palaces, residences, storage rooms and stone structures. This site covers a vast land of 5.09 square miles
- Machu Picchu was built in 15th century by Inca emperor Pachacuti. But after the Spanish invasion the site was abandoned in 16th Century
- Machu Picchu was discovered by American historian Hiram Bingham in 1911
- Machu Picchu is situated at an altitude of 1972 feet above sea level. The site is surrounded by majestic mountain peaks
- The structures found in Machu Picchu are carved out of granite rocks. Some of the rocks used for the construction of Machu Picchu weighs more than 50 tons
- To your surprise, no mortar was used for the constructions of buildings in Machu Picchu. They cut the huge stone blocks so precisely to fit together tightly. In addition to this the well-crafted stone structures and sophisticated irrigation system shows the outstanding engineering skills of Incas
- You can reach the Machu Picchu by hiking the amazing Inca trail. It takes 3-5 days for the completion
Taj Mahal, Agra, India
The Taj Mahal is an ivory-white marble mausoleum on the south bank of the Yamuna River in the Indian city of Agra. It was commissioned in 1632 by the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, to house the tomb of his favourite wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
Reasons to visit Taj Mahal
- The most famous tourist attraction of India and one of seven wonders of the world
- Taj Mahal is considered as the symbol of pure love. This amazing mausoleum was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan as the final resting place for his wife Mumtaz Mahal
- The Taj Mahal was constructed between 1632 and 1653. It is the finest example of Mughal architecture
- The name ‘Taj Mahal’ means ‘crown of palaces’. This beautiful marble mausoleum has a huge central dome and a number of smaller domes. There are also four decorative pillars or minarets on the four corners of the Taj Mahal
- Taj Mahal has a height of 240 feet and all four sides of this monument are perfectly identical
- Taj Mahal appears in different colors in different times of a day – pinkish at morning, milky white at evening and golden at night
- Taj Mahal is situated in a vast land of 17 hectares. The site includes a number of other buildings, a beautiful 300 square meter garden, and a reflecting pool
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
The number 6 on our list of top 10 most beautiful places to visit is Bora Bora, French Polynesia; one of the most beautiful places to visit. Bora Bora is a small South Pacific island northwest of Tahiti in French Polynesia. Surrounded by sand-fringed motus (islets) and a turquoise lagoon protected by a coral reef, it’s known for its scuba diving. It’s also a popular luxury resort destination where some guest bungalows are perched over the water on stilts. At the island’s center rises Mt. Otemanu, a 727m dormant volcano
Reasons to visit Bora Bora
- Bora Bora is the most beautiful Island in French Polynesia. With aqua-centric luxury resorts, beautiful lagoons, friendly locals and fantastic nightlife, Bora Bora it truly a must visit places in the world
- Bora Bora can be entitled as the most beautiful lagoon destination in the world. This Island paradise is surrounded by a breathtaking turquoise lagoon and sand-edged Islets
- Luckily, the Bora Bora Island is free from dangerous snakes and insects
- Beautiful bungalows built over the clear, electric blue waters are one of the main attractions of Bora Bora. The private balconies of these bungalows offer stunning view of the lagoon and Sunsets
- Bora Bora is a world-class snorkeling and diving destination. You can swim among more than 100 amazing marine species and can see huge, beautiful coral reefs up close. In addition, you can also enjoy the romantic Sunset cruise, jet skiing, parasailing, kite boarding and wind surfing
- There are only a few public access beaches in Bora Bora. But the Marina beach of Bora Bora truly among the most beautiful beaches in the world. The white sands, calm and clear blue waters and amazing resorts will definitely make you fall in love with this beach
Antelope Canyon, Arizona, United States
Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon in the American Southwest. It is located on Navajo land east of Page, Arizona. Antelope Canyon includes two separate, scenic slot canyon sections, referred to individually as “Upper Antelope Canyon” or “The Crack”; and “Antelope Canyon” or “The Corkscrew”.
Reasons to visit Antelope Canyon
- Antelope canyon in Navajo territory of Arizona is the most beautiful slot canyon in the world. This geological wonder is famous for its wavy sandstone walls, narrow passages and striking colors
- Antelope canyon is the most photographed slot canyon in the world
- Antelope canyon has two sections – upper antelope canyon and lower antelope canyon
- The upper antelope canyon is the most commonly visited part of this site because it is easily accessible. In summer, you can enjoy the amazing view of Sun beams coming through the opening above the slot canyon
- Lower antelope canyon has stairs along the rock walls to access the site. Unlike upper antelope canyon, the paths of lower antelope canyon are narrower. Still, the incredible rock formations make this site worth visiting.
- Antelope canyon is prone to flooding in monsoon. So, tourists are not allowed to enter the site that time
The number 4 on our list of top 10 most beautiful places to visit is Antarctica; one of the most beautiful places to visit. Antarctica, the southernmost continent and site of the South Pole, is a virtually uninhabited, ice-covered landmass. Most cruises to the continent visit the Antarctic Peninsula, which stretches toward South America. It’s known for the Lemaire Channel and Paradise Harbor, striking, iceberg-flanked passageways, and Port Lockroy, a former British research station turned museum. The peninsula’s isolated terrain also shelters rich wildlife, including many penguins.
Reasons to visit Antarctica
- Unspoiled by the urbanization, Antarctica is one of few places on Earth where you can enjoy the beauty of nature at its best
- Antarctica is the coldest place on Earth with an average temperature of -49 degree Celsius
- Most areas of Antarctica are covered with thick sheet of ice. In some parts the thickness measures over 1 mile.
- Antarctica is home to some of the amazing species of animals and birds. They are well adapted to live in the harsh conditions of Antarctica. Penguins are the most popular animal of Antarctica. There are eight species of penguins live in Antarctica. Upon them, the Adelie and the Emperor penguins are found nowhere else in the world
- Apart from penguins, the crabeater seals, elephant seal, dusky dolphin, killer whale, wandering albatross and Antarctic shags are other animals found in Antarctica
- Antarctica is one the best whale watching destinations in the world. Humpback, blue, minke, sperm, fin, sei and killer whales are the commonly found species of whales in Antarctica
- Most of glacial ice of Earth found in Antarctica and it is also home to many amazing glaciers. About 77000 sq. km area of Antarctica covered by glaciers
- There is almost no activity to match with the kayak excursion in Antarctica. December to March is the best time for kayaking in Antarctica. You can paddle amongst the huge icebergs in the coasts of Antarctica
Great Barrier Reef, Australia
The Great Barrier Reef, off the coast of Queensland in northeastern Australia, is the largest living thing on Earth, and even visible from outer space. The 2,300km-long ecosystem comprises thousands of reefs and hundreds of islands made of over 600 types of hard and soft coral. It’s home to countless species of colourful fish, molluscs and starfish, plus turtles, dolphins and sharks.
Reasons to visit Great Barrier Reef
- Australia’s most beautiful tourist attraction and one of the natural wonders on Earth
- Comprising more than 3000 individual reef systems and stretches over 1430 miles, the great barrier reef is the largest coral reef in the world
- The great barrier reef is the biggest living structure on Earth that can even see from space
- This tropical wonder is home to wide varieties of marine creatures including 1625 types of fishes, 3000 types of molluscs, 133 species of sharks, 30 species of whales and 600 types of corals.
- Great barrier reef has an unbelievable perfect heart-shaped reef
- Take scuba diving or snorkeling to experience the magical underwater world of great barrier reef. The up close view of stunning coral reefs will definitely leave you breathless. There are also glass-bottom boats, semi-submersible and sailboats to see the diverse marine life and amazing coral reefs
- Undoubtedly great barrier reef is the most picturesque drop zone in the world. Take skydive here to enjoy the most stunning view of the largest coral reef system in the world. There is also seaplane service that offer a magical view of great barrier reef from a different perspective